In today’s time, the restaurant business is sought after because foodies from all over the world have elevated the profession to the next level. Food Bloggers from all across the globe get fascinated by various cultural food, authentic food, recipes, street food, food concoctions, etc.
Now and then, restaurants try to bring something new to the table. As much as consumer satisfaction is important, environmental care is important too. Global warming has been affecting the Earth at an alarming rate. That’s why people are adopting sustainable lifestyles, and the expectation of sustainable practices in restaurants is increasing.
Adopting sustainable and eco-friendly practices will not only gratify your customers but will also majorly impact the Earth. Owning a business and implementing eco-friendly practices is the first and most important step towards healthier earth.
Given below are the top 6 ways you can implement to make your restaurant business eco-friendly.
1) Controlling food waste – As the food industry deals with an immense amount of food wastage, it becomes essential to control it. The first step in making any restaurant eco-friendly is to control or reduce food wastage. Restaurant managers should examine the product’s expiry dates and use them before they turn inedible. Donate usable & edible food items that are not useful in the restaurants to needy people.
2) Grow your food – In today’s time people drool over tasty food, but they are also concerned about the ingredients that are used to prepare the food. People get enchanted with organic materials and fresh food. Restaurant owners can grow garden beds in their backyard for them to be able to pluck fresh veggies and fruits anytime. The second method is – to go local. Buy veggies and fruits from local sellers.
3) Composting – If restaurant owners opt for garden beds, then considering composting practice can be a great decision. Composting is not as scary as it sounds. All you have to do is dedicate a bin, especially for your staff to dispose of food-based waste, and at the end of the day, you can transfer it to the outdoor compost bin which later can be used as a fertilizer. There are various sources on the internet where you can learn how to compost food-based waste.
4) Opt for environmentally friendly certification – One of the best ways to boost your restaurant business is to make your restaurant environmentally friendly certified. It will not only captivate new customers but will also keep you focused on your purpose.
5) Disposing of used cooking oil – The key ingredient to delicious food is oil, and restaurants use oils in bulk. Ever wondered what happens to so much oil? Many restaurants sell used cooking oil to street food stalls or small restaurants. Ultimately, the street food stalls end up reusing the oil till it becomes rancid, and later the oil gets poured into the drain. This practice not only increases the possibility of food poisoning and other life-threatening diseases but also damages the environment.
6) Restaurant essentials – You can turn every minor to major thing in your restaurant into sustainable things. For instance – Printing a menu in recycled paper, using recyclable packaging, encouraging customers to stop food and water wastage, selling your organic products, switching to metal straws, selling used cooking oil for recycling, etc. These small steps towards sustainability will make the world healthier if all restaurants start doing it.
For more information chat with us 917304745554